Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Love Letter


To chase away the doldrums, the love letter - a catalyst for the misguided passion and tumultuous scenarios in the movie of the same name...

Dearest,
Do you know how much in love with you I am? Did I trip? Did I stumble - lose my balance, graze my knee, graze my heart?
I know I'm in love when I see you. I know when I long to see you, I'm on fire.
Not a muscle has moved.
Leaves hang unruffled by any breeze. The air is still.
I have fallen in love without taking a step.
You are all wrong for me and I know it, but I can no longer care for my thoughts unless they are thoughts of you.
When I am close to you, I feel your hair brush my cheek when it does not. I look away from you sometimes, then I look back.
When I tie my shoes, when I peel an orange, when I drive my car, when I lie down each night without you, 
I remain,
Yours…


No comments:

Post a Comment

Random thoughts about the world to share, inspire and encourage comments.