Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Worry


As the first month of 2013 draws to a close, I am reminded of the non-resolution resolutions I made to try harder to relax, not overthink and simply enjoy the adventure that is life.  Naturally, I’m finding it harder than originally proposed.  The Wednesday- child worrier in me is of course outweighing the freeer spirit as I ponder and analyze the many challenges coming my way.  Why is it that the more we try, the more impossible it is to get that “brain hamster” off the wheel?  When will we truly give the poor rodent a rest?

Life is messy and there are certainly no guarantees. We are faced daily with challenges, and I grant you, there are certainly a few things to worry about.  But while some are undoubtedly large worry items, others are only seemly so because of what we make them.  We are the ones who make ourselves worry.  The whole point then really is to embrace and live the adventure. Stop the worry and the getting mired down in the minutia that is life.  Once you have this down, calming of your inner worrier, the rest is really quite easy.  Then, and only then, will the poor hamster finally be at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Random thoughts about the world to share, inspire and encourage comments.