Thursday, February 18, 2010

Milestones - 02/18/2010

There are few milestones that even though they do not happen directly to us, affect us in monumental ways.  Today my son turns 18 and it is a significant milestone for him.  He is now legally a man and officially that much closer to going out into the world on his own.  For me, it is a milestone as well for I have to be content that I have raised an exceptional human being and a wonderful man.  It is also a bittersweet  milestone as I burst with pride at his accomplishments but also realize it is time to let him go.  He is my first born.  He is one of my greatest accomplishments.  He is truly one of the great loves of my life. 

To my son - Happy 18th Birthday - you've certainly made my life complete.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mariela - I love what you wrote...it brought tears to my eyes. I can't believe he is 18. Maria Guzman

    ReplyDelete

Random thoughts about the world to share, inspire and encourage comments.