With that in mind, I'd like to give a nod to Stephanie Bradshaw of Bradshaw Styling. Her newsletter Girl About Town arrived in my inbox this morning with a few things I not only agree with, but would love to share.
Stephanie Says: Five Things I Know For Sure
- Dress your home much like you would dress yourself. Think about what colors you like to wear and you'll have a great start to your interior palette. Be yourself.
- Like your personal style, the best interiors evolve over time. Be patient.
- Parties aren't just for the weekend. Inviting the neighbors over mid-week is fun and can help break up your weekday routine. Be unpredictable.
- Overaccessorizing can spoil any great outfit or any great room. Remember to take one thing off or put one thing away. Too much can simply be too much.
- Love and laughter are the best tools for your personal style and decorating. Be inspired.
Cheers to the New Year ahead!
Stephanie Bradshaw is an award winning designer, photo-stylist, wedding and event designer and personal shopper in Baltimore, Maryland. Visit her website Bradshaw Styling at http://www.fashionforthehome.com