Sunday, July 19, 2009

Hurry Up and Wait

I have friends that I am constantly waiting for. I get phone calls or text messages making plans to do things and they usually come with a “see you in 10” or something like that and then I am ready and waiting for a good half hour. What is it with these people that they have no concept of time? If you need 45 minutes to get ready, then say so. Not a problem. If it doesn’t work with my schedule I will let you know. And oh the excuses – I love these. Got caught on the phone, had to take out the dog, had to deal with X (insert someone’s name or some household chore). I could go on. You’d think I would learn by now though to just tell these friends, hey, I simply can’t meet you because you screw up my entire day! But I am too nice, too polite. I rarely say I can’t be there. And I am certainly no more than a few minutes late. But usually, I am the first one there, the first one to arrive, the only one on time. And so, I wait. And wait and wait.

1 comment:

  1. Do you think the cell phone is a contributor to people you are planning to meet being late. I find people’s plans are always “in flux” as they tend to wait till the last minute in case something better comes along. What could be better than seeing you, methinkso?

    ReplyDelete

Random thoughts about the world to share, inspire and encourage comments.